Wondering how assisted living works?
if you’re a caregiver for an elderly parent who is still living at home, you’ll likely eventually find yourself curious about what kind of outside support is available.
If you’re starting to feel overwhelmed with caregiving responsibilities, your loved one is experiencing more cognitive or physical challenges as they age, or they’ve simply indicated that they’re interested in finding an alternative to living at home, you may be wondering: how does assisted living work, exactly?
It’s a good question. And while we can’t speak for other assisted living centers, here’s an overview of what you can expect from any of our Benton House communities.
What can you expect at Benton House?
Imagine a place where flowers, along with the sounds of friendship and laughter, dance with the breeze. A place of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork, and, more often than not, the scent of something delicious baking the kitchen.
A place where independence thrives, but help is only a call away. A place where you are always like family.
This is how you can expect any of our Benton House communities to feel. Put simply… like home.
What kinds of services can you expect from Benton House?
- Delicious meals with multiple menu options
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- 24-hour access to staff
- Medication and personal assistance as needed
- Assistance with coordination of support services
- Full-time social director for events and outings
- LTC insurance and VA assistance accepted
- Entire community on one level
- Emergency response systemsBright, family style living room
Who is Benton House for?
Benton House serves seniors who don’t want or need a nursing home, but who are weary of home upkeep, in need of a little personal assistance, or simply desire to have more friends and interactions with others.
What is the living space like at Benton House?
The single-story design offers a variety of apartment home styles. Residents bring their own furnishings so the apartment can truly be made their own. A full array of services is included — delicious meals, weekly housekeeping, and a full social calendar. Discreet and dignified personal assistance, if needed, is accessible and provided by our caring staff.
- Cafe/activity kitchen and media center
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard and exterior
- Full-service beauty and barber salon
- Variety of apartment sizes, layouts, and views
- Kitchenettes including sink, and small fridge
- Emergency alert buttons and grab bars in baths
- Utilities included (except cable and telephone)
Is Benton House the right community if your loved one is experiencing memory loss?
dedicated to residents experiencing memory loss. Bright and beautiful, our unique Beacon Neighborhood still offers personal care, but features an innovative design that is open and homelike yet keypad-protected.
Residents also benefit from Daily Life, a special daily calendar that blends familiar routines with unique events. Higher staffing ratios and a dedicated neighborhood coordinator are hallmarks of his unique lifestyle.
Beacon Neighborhood Benefits:
- Beautiful, open design
- Higher staff-to-resident ratio
- Dedicated Beacon Coordinator
- Separate enclosed courtyard
- Unique Daily Life event schedule
Assisted living at Benton House
Hopefully this overview of assisted living at Benton House gives you a helpful snapshot of what to expect.
Still have questions? Or maybe you’d simply like to share what you’re experiencing right now caretaking for your aging parent with a listening, supportive ear? We’re here to help.
Call us at 855-461-2552 or send us a message, anytime.